Essential FunctionsEarly Literacy Intervention and Assessment
● Conduct one-on-one tutoring sessions with students using scripted, evidence-based literacy interventions provided by Reading Corps; achieve a high degree of fidelity to the scripted interventions.
● Assist children in improving their reading skills and abilities to reach grade level expectations.
● Provide opportunities for family literacy involvement for Reading Corps students, including implementing the Reading Corps family engagement literacy intervention - Read at Home! (RAH!).
● Develop and maintain a weekly tutoring schedule for students which maximizes the number of students served and allows each child to receive daily 20-minute reading tutoring sessions.
● Identify students who qualify for Reading Corps tutoring services based on a Reading Corps designed assessment with direction from the Internal Coach and Master Coach.
● Assess, with a high level of accuracy, students’ continual progress using tri-annual benchmark assessments and ongoing progress monitoring assessments.
● Provide complete, accurate, and timely documentation of students’ weekly progress scores and interventions using an online database; maintain confidentiality of all student data.
● Regularly review student data with Internal Coach and Master Coach to gauge the effectiveness of the literacy intervention being used and determine if a change in strategy is necessary.
● Participate in coaching sessions (includes observation of tutor); act on constructive feedback from coaching sessions.Communication
● Communicate and interact with students in an age and developmentally appropriate way.
● Act on constructive feedback provided by Internal and Master Coach and Program Staff.
● Build professional relationships and communicate regularly with classroom teachers, Internal Coach, and the Master Coach regarding student schedules, interventions, student progress, etc.
● Communicate effectively with Reading Corps staff and site personnel.Attendance
● Regular, timely attendance during school hours Monday-Friday, along with before/after school hours as scheduled.
● Commitment to the entire term(s) of service, including making regular and adequate progress toward the minimum total service hours required by the Member Service Agreement.
● Attend all required Reading Corps-sponsored training sessions, meetings, and coaching sessions, including Professional Learning Groups (PLGs); travel as necessary.Secondary Functions
● Perform assignments and/or duties as assigned by Internal Coach, Master Coach, or Program Manager, excluding activities that would displace a staff member.
● Represent Reading Corps at site-sponsored activities, meetings, and other activities (e.g., family night) and provide education about the Reading Corps and general literacy awareness.
● Actively participate in service projects and commemorating days such as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (as applicable). These may include evening and/or weekend hours.
● Be an ambassador of our program by submitting Great Stories and participating in outreach activities.